What is a cookie?
Cookies may be set by the website you are visiting (‘first party cookies’) or they may be set by other websites who run content on the page you are viewing.
What is in a cookie?
A cookie is a simple text file that is stored on your computer or mobile device by a website’s server and only that server will be able to retrieve or read the contents of that cookie. Each cookie is unique to your web browser. It will contain some anonymous information such as a unique identifier and the site name and some digits and numbers. It allows a website to remember things like your preferences or what’s in your shopping basket.
What to do if you don’t want cookies to be set
Managing Web Browser cookies
If you wish to restrict or block web browser cookies which are set on your device then you can do this through your browser settings; the Help function within your browser should tell you how. Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org, which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of desktop browsers.
What cookies do we store?
The Pragmatic Agile Community uses a variety of cookies...
- ASP.NET_SessionId - Exists for the Browser lifetime. Allows identification of your browser to the server providing content for the site - The site will not function correctly without this.
- civicAllowCookies - Persists for 4 months. Determines whether you have elected to allow cookies on this site.
- civicShowCookieIcon - Persists for 4 months. Determines whether to show the cookies allowed icon.
- __umb* - Various storage cookies utilised by the underlying Umbraco system; these cookies are not detailed here as they are primarilly linked to the (private) site backend. The site will not work without these.
This site uses the following Google Analytics cookies which let us know what kind of traffic is using our site. This allows us to modify the content of the site to better fit the audience.
- __utma - Persists for 2 years
- __utmb - Persists for 30 minutes
- __utmc - Exists for the Browser lifetime
- __utmz - Persists for 6 months
Technologies we work with
You can find out more about the technologies the site works with at the following locations...